Friday, July 31, 2015

Happy Five for Friday!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

It's been awhile since I have actually written on a Friday.  Happy Five for Friday!  

1

Michigan - I spent a few days actually on a real vacation.  I went to Michigan and relaxed at the beach and shopped til I dropped!


I even got a little exercise in, climbing to the top of a huge sand dune.  It was nice not to have keeled over!  I think I need to exercise more.


                                                 
2

Teacher Gatherings - I love meeting with teachers to discuss things for school.  Today I had a teacher sharing session.  I know that I am a sick person.  It's still July (technically for a few more hours).  I shouldn't be thinking about school.


3

Response Cards - These are pockets that fit over the students hands.  Students can hold up a response into the air for a quick check.  I highly recommend making a whole set for your classroom.  It's technology free and breaks up the monotony of the day.  I made a set that I have been using for years.


How to make a card:
1.  Fold a piece of card stock in fourths.
2.  Fold up the bottom pieces about an inch to make a pocket.
3.  Glue the outside edges together, leaving the bottom open to put your hand inside.
4.  Make cards appropriate for your class.  Examples include fact/opinion, A/B/C/D, true/false. etc.

   
4

Kahoot - This is a fun technology piece that you can use to ask students questions.  The little girl I tutor highly recommends this.  Check out the teacher website here and the student website here.


5

Back to School Letter - I got my back to school letter today.  It was a bit sad to get it.  I have so many projects I want to finish and now my days are getting limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment