Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Here Comes the Leprechaun...Or Not

I love St. Patrick's Day.  I love the green, rainbows, pot of gold, etc.  It's my signal that Spring has truly sprung.  One of my favorite activities is having the leprechaun visit my classroom.

When the leprechaun visits, he trashes my classroom.  Chairs are knocked over, messes are everywhere, and there is a message to my students.  Unfortunately, the leprechaun could not visit this year.  We had PARCC Testing until the end of the day.  I also have a class that could not handle a visit.

I will cherish memories of old classes and their memories of the leprechaun visit.  I have an old student that will still bring up the leprechaun visit...6 years after it happened.  I also remember when a leprechaun visited my second grade class as a child.  He put a chair in the sink.  Obviously it could have only been a leprechaun to do that as a teacher would never dream of doing that.

Oh well, for old time's sake, just for me, a crazy chair left in the sink.



I can't wait until next St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment