Thursday, February 5, 2015

Division and Magic Marbles

We started division this week.  My students were more excited about learning this than multiplication.  I have to say that they were able to follow along with the concept and understand which totally surprised me - they almost never pick up anything that fast.

My students were so funny.  I told them how impressed I was that they were able to complete the division problems easily.  According to one student, it was because of the marbles we used.  I guess they must be magic.  I think I need to change my marble container to say Magic Marbles!  Maybe I created little monsters because in recess some students wanted to use the marbles to create their own division problems.  Oh well, it was exciting for me to see how motivated they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment