Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Toothpaste Kindness

As you have read, I am having a lot of behavior issues with my class.  Because of this, I complete many activities that focus on behavior with my students.  One activity that has really intrigued me was one involving toothpaste.  You put students into groups, and give them a tube of toothpaste. They think of things that they have said that are not kind and squeeze some toothpaste out.  I first saw this on Pinterest but found an excellent supplyof resources on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Click here for the resource I used.  I love this resource and am excited to try the other activities in the packet.

My students did understand the concept.  My meanest boy was the first to verbalize that the toothpaste could not be put back in the container so like mean words, they can't be taken back.  He is still mean to others.  Overall, I did not see improvement in behavior in the entire class.  I am hoping that continuing these activities will help the class.  I just want it to happen sooner rather than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment