Saturday, May 11, 2013

3 Strikes

One problem with the end of the school year is that the students get crazy.  As a class, they have forgotten how to behave.  I came up with three strikes and you are out to use to combat this.  When the majority of the class is having trouble following directions, I put up a strike (I made 3 giant x's on different papers that I can easily put up).  When the class has 3 strikes, I give them either a writing assignment or I have them work in an old workbook for 10 minutes.  I add 5 minutes to the timer each time the students have 3 strikes in one day. 

When I first started the strikes, I must admit we had 3 strikes almost 2 times a day for a few days.  Now, my students do not even want to get 1 strike.  Now this teacher has fewer headaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment