Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Annotating Books









Annotations have become really important with Common Core.  The problem with this is that students cannot annotate their textbooks as they have to be turned in at the end of the school year and be reused in the future.  I have found two ways that I like to use that will combat this issue.

1.  If you are like my school, you no longer use an overhead projector.  When we stopped using the overheads, I was left with a lot of transparency film (I never throw anything away...Someday it might be useful.).  This is perfect to fit on one page of the student's textbook.  Now their is a page to write upon.

2.  Along the same idea as above (but much cheaper), use sheet protectors.  Cut them in half - 2 for the price of 1!  You could also keep them together and slide the book inside (if it fits).

I prefer dry erase makers over Vis-a-Vis markers.  There is no messy cleaning with them.  Skinny dry erase markers are better since they have a skinny tip.  However, I think they dry up way too fast.  With the money I put in, the students can just make do with the fat ones!









No comments:

Post a Comment