Saturday, December 12, 2015

Five for Friday: Happy Almost Christmas!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Where is the time going?  The last time I wrote was Thanksgiving?  What happened?  Oh well, I am in full swing for December!  Happy Five for Friday!  

1

December Events - This past week was our cookie exchange at school.  I made Grinch cookies - thanks Pinterest!  Next week we have our Adult Coloring Contest, Ugly Sweater Day, and Secret Santa!  I am excited about the teacher feedback with these events.  I highly suggest creating fun events like these at your school!  Email me at confessionsofafrazzledteacher@yahoo.com if you would like a copy of the letters the staff fills out for Santa.



                                                 
                                               
2

Christmas Decorating - I love the holidays!  I brought in a mini Christmas tree that the students decorated with ornaments they made.  I also tried making a Christmas tree from books.  It's not the greatest, but the kids love it!  I even put lights up around the Promethean board!






3

Student Gifts - Each year I give each of my students a book.  I let them pick out a book they would want to have.  These books have usually been bought with my points through Scholastic.  This year, in addition to the books, I decided to make giant holiday crayons for them to go in gift bags with a pencil and eraser.


To make these crayons:  Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.  Place peeled crayons into Silicone molds (no need to spray - they pop right out at the end).  Bake crayons for 13-15 minutes (until crayons are melted).  Let cool in molds for 1 hour.  Pop out the crayons and use!  Please note:  you will not be able to reuse the molds for foods once used for crayons.  Also, the crayons will not smell the greatest while they are melting.  I highly recommend lighting a candle.


4

Hot Chocolate - For those that have been following me, you know that I love to make food in my classroom.  Next week, we will make hot chocolate.  If you are interested, I made a packet, so you can make this too!  Click here, for your own copy.

                                                    Hot Chocolate Fun


5


Thanks Santa!  I will!


1 comment: