Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Stars are all Aligned

I must take a moment to brag about my day yesterday.  It was as close to perfect as it could get.  My students all did and turned in their homework.  This was a huge accomplishment because I can count on one hand how many times that has happened this year (I am working on this.  Each time I get someone that doesn't do homework to complete it, there is someone new that stops doing homework.).  One of my girls that hated school at the beginning of the year put a smile on my face when she found a book based on a movie in my classroom library.  She said she wanted to read the book and then watch the movie to compare the two.  She was so excited about this!  She even said she wanted to write a paragraph about it!  I didn't flip any of my students' cards.  The behavior was great.  Students participated in class - even students that normally never participate.  They left the classroom clean at the end of the day. I was even able to keep up with my own mess (normally a chore on Fridays with one of my tables being piled sky high with work).  I had to brag because a day like this doesn't happen too often.  I need to enjoy the thrill of it a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment