Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Little White Lie

This week all tenured teachers are getting observed.  My favorite little white lie is telling students that the principal is coming in to observe them and take notes on whether they are ready for fourth grade.  This year, we have had a ton of people coming in to observe my resident.  They are used to the drill.  Anyone that comes in is there to watch them.  I go so far as to tell them that I give the visitors a seating chart so they know all the students names when they take notes.  My students always believe this.  The participation goes up and behavior is always great.  I am glad to have a good group this year and doesn't necessarily need the reminder (although I fell better giving it).  However, in the past, this has also worked very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment