Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quiet Spray

I have to admit, I thought the idea of "Quiet Spray" may have seemed a bit juvenile for third graders.  Boy was I wrong.  Using an idea I found on Pinterest, I bought a dollar spray bottle and filled it halfway with water and glitter.  I took the stray out so it wouldn't actually spray.  Then I added a quick label, and it was ready to use. 

I honestly forgot about the bottle the first 2 weeks of school.  My class this year is awesome - except when getting in line.  I was fed up one day and noticed the bottle on the desk.  I told them I was spraying them with the Quiet Spray so they had to be quiet.  They couldn't feel it because it came out of the bottle invisible.  You could have heard a pin drop.  I now use it almost every time we line up.  The improvements are incredible and last into the hallway.

At the end of the day, I had my students line up but wasn't by my desk to use the quiet spray.  I gave one warning about getting quiet.  Then, a student asked about the spray.  They now want it every time they are in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment