Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How to Get Students to Put Their Names on Their Work

Lately, my students have been really lazy about putting their names on their papers.  It's extremely frustrating.  To help with this, I have come up with 2 things to help.

1.  In order to claim a no name paper, students get a sheet that says Oops, You forgot you have a name.  Please write, "My name is _________ times."  I fill in the number of times based on how many times they forget their name.

2.  My favorite way is to take a highlighter and walk around the classroom once they have a sheet they are working on.  If there is no name on their paper, I highlight the name line.  This is a great visual reminder.  It also becomes a goal for students to get their name on it before I get to them.  I do this at the beginning of the school and usually get to stop because it becomes such a routine.  Like everything else, sometimes it needs a comeback!

No comments:

Post a Comment