Friday, June 3, 2016

Five for Friday: Field Trips, A Visit to the Principal, and More

  

One more day after today!  I have no idea why we are done on a Monday.  We didn't even have any snow days to push us further into June.  My district actually scheduled it.  Happy Five for Friday!

1

Read-a-thon - We had our Read-a-thon on Tuesday.  It was super fun!  Click here to check out more.

Here's a sneak peek...



                                                                                   
2

Shedd Aquarium - On Wednesday we went on a field trip to the Shedd Aquarium.  It was a pretty peaceful trip.  All our chaperones were back at the bus on time.  No one got lost!  All 99 third graders were accounted for!




Highlights include petting a starfish and sturgeon.  It was hilarious holding one of my boy's hands to touch the starfish.  He wouldn't do it alone.

Lowlights - One of my boys kept saying he wanted to eat all the fish...and turtles.  Apparently no creature was safe.  He also pretended to sleep during the Beluga whale show.

                                         
3

Principal's Office - On Thursday my entire class was summoned to the principal's office by an angry sounding principal over the intercom.  All the way down my thoughts were on why we were in trouble. Their behavior has been really good this week.  

It turns out he was messing with us.  He actually apologized to my students for not being able to make it to read during the Read-a-thon.  He then proceeded to read 2 books.


4

Packing - Every year I wonder and worry how I can get everything done on time.  It looks like a bomb has gone off in my room.  Hopefully I can get a lot done today.  If not, I have my mom on standby to come in on Monday to help.  Her school finished yesterday.  Thank heaven for moms!


5

Field Day - Today is field day.  It's going to be a long day!

4 comments:

  1. Bless your heart!! I know you are ready to be out and field day today!? Wow! Has it gotten warm in Illinois yet? Here in GA it would be mighty warm for a field day today! I know you will get your classroom cleaned up on time! I felt the same way, but it did get done. However, I forgot to send home a few things that needed to be sent home. I ended up mailing little packages to my kinders. I know, crazy!! But I felt better for getting it all out of the way! Hope you enjoy your summer off SOON!! Linda's Learning Loot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am done! Woo-hoo! The weather has varied from 68-almost 90 degrees. Crazy that you had to mail home packages! There things really add up! Have a great summer!

      Delete
  2. What your principal did was very funny! I might have had a heart attack, lol :)

    ReplyDelete