Monday, March 2, 2015

March Books

One project I have been working on is organizing my monthly read aloud books.  In my garage, I have bins for each month that contain books pertaining to events in that month.  I put them out on a special rack in my classroom.  I put my read aloud books in these bins too and am always scrambling to figure out which ones to read and what activities I can do with them.  To solve that problem, I have created a document in which I pull certain books and write a possible topic to teach.  Some books do not have a topic.  They will be at the bottom of my to read books.  They are just for fun time permitting.  My summer project will be creating actual activities for these books.

March Read Aloud Books
Dr. Seuss
·         Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book (read over 2 days) – Dr. Seuss
·         Green Eggs and Ham – Dr. Seuss
·         If I Ran the Zoo (read over 2 days) – Dr. Seuss
·         Oh, the Places You’ll Go! – Dr. Seuss – Testing Motivation
·         The Cat in the Hat – Dr. Seuss - Rhyming Words, Vowel Sounds

Saint Patrick’s Day
·         Fluffy’s Lucky Day (read over 2 days) – Kate McMullan - Compare/Contrast (with other Fluffy books)
·         Magic Tree House Research Guide - Leprechauns and Irish Folklore (chapter book) – Mary Pope Osborne and Natalie Pope Osborne – Text Features

·         There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover! – Lucille Colandro – Sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment