Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dental Health Month

The Dental Health Month activities have continued throughout the week.  We just finished a two-day experiment involving hard boiled eggs.

Day 1:
This was a two part experiment.  The first part was a demonstration.  I put an egg in milk, water, and pop.  The students made predictions as to what would happen if left in the cup overnight.  The students then got their own cups and egg.  They examined their egg up close before putting it in the cup.  I then filled the cup with pop.    The students then filled out a prediction sheet.

Day 2:
I finished the demonstration talking about confirming predictions and drawing conclusions.  Students then got their eggs from their cups and had to brush their eggs.  We used real toothbrush and toothpaste.  It makes a mess but they really had fun.  Students then filled out their activity pages.

Have lots of paper towels ready!

Most everything I needed, I found at the dollar store: pop (I can't stand saying soda), cups, toothpaste, and toothbrushes (6 for $1).  I looked for a sale for the eggs. 

Dental Health Experiment, Writing, and Other Activities
I used the activity sheets in my Dental Health Activities packet on TPT.  We also spent some time completing the other pages using links that I put on Edmodo,  

1 comment: