I definitely have been slacking on writing any posts. This year, I am truly overwhelmed! Between my difficult class, extra duties, tutoring, etc. I hardly know if I am coming or going. I am glad it is mid-October. This year cannot go fast enough for me.
I thought I would include some of my favorite comments about my class so far as told to me by our specials teachers:
1. They are the worst class since I have been here.
2. If I had to grade the class' behavior, it would be a C-.
3. It's like teaching Kindergartners.
4. They are so mean to each other! (This was literally right after our social worker did a lesson about using kind words to each other.)
5. How are you not an alcoholic? (This is my personal favorite!)
Each day, I am trying a new technique to get through to my students. Last week, I had the social worker visit, tried positive phone calls, called him with the student during the middle of the day, put parent phone numbers on post-its for certain students to see each day. We are continuing our lessons about behaviors. We also have reinforced our Student Shout-Outs. Something has to work...I hope!