Sunday, September 7, 2014

Second Week of School

I am finally recovered from last week just in time to go back tomorrow! This week I lost track of all the moments where I wanted to scream. The highlights for this week include:

Negatives
1. Writing my first office referral on Wednesday - day 7 of school.
2. Sitting in a boring 3 hour mentoring meeting - at least I got away from my hot classroom and crazy students!
3. Listening to nonstop whining about the heat.
4. Students continuing to talk all the time.
5. Tears by a variety of students.
6. Having to reteach lessons and repeat directions over and over again because students aren't paying attention.

Positives
1. My student that I wrote the referral on had a great day the next day. I walked him to the dean and principal and we all praised his behavior. He walked a little taller and went home and told his siblings about it. This helped his behavior on Friday too.
2. My students from last year waiting to hug me each day. They also remembered my birthday. My one little girl also had a huge group of students that were going to vote for me for president. She remembered the conversation about how I couldn't be president last year because I wasn't old enough last year. She just didn't remember how old you have to be to run for president. Hmmmmmm, maybe I should review that.
3. My third grade team bringing in treats to help celebrate my birthday.
4. Getting tons of boxes from all my recent Donors Choose projects that have funded (3 in the past couple of weeks).
5. Not school related - I have officially adopted my two foster kitties!

Okay. The negatives still outnumber the positives. I have to work on coping strategies. Here are my main ones thus far:
1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes
2. Watching Wahlburgers - brings me to tears from laughing so hard.
3. Nap time!
4. Spending time with my family, friends, and cats.

I miss my class from last year and want them back - crazy parent and all! I can't wait until I finally whip this class into shape. Our gym teacher did warn me that it would take 3 weeks or never happen. This week is our third week. Let's see what will happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment