Thursday, May 1, 2014
Today I had to substitute again. I like the class - for the most part (although it is still difficult to be away from my class). The last time I subbed for them, they were perfect until it was time to line up for anything. To combat this problem, I pulled up the timer on my phone. Each time the students had trouble, I turned the timer on. We stood on the wall at recess for 1 minute 8 seconds. This was a huge improvement from the last time where we wasted what felt like 15 minutes lining up. I was very pleased at the improvement. Too bad the rest of the behavior was an issue! That is something I will have to deal with next week when I sub for them again.