Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday Freebie - Attention Grabbers

I am so glad ISAT is over...almost.  I still have make-up testing tomorrow.  Then I can really celebrate.

My students have been a bit bonkers being off of their regular schedule.  One of things I do to gain their attention is an Attention Grabber prompt.  I say one thing and they say their line in return.  I have trained my class to be silent and wait for directions once they have said their line.  Sometimes, I may have to say the line a couple of times.  Overall, it gets the students focused without me screaming.  One example is "Hear ye, hear ye...All hail the queen."  I love that line!  Eventually, your class may get creative and try their own lines.

If you are interested in your free Amazing Attention Grabbers sheet...check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Attention-Grabbers-1169348.

Attention Grabbers

No comments:

Post a Comment