Saturday, February 8, 2014

Exceptional Behavior, Part 2

Last week I wrote about adding an extra color to the color chart for exceptional behavior. I picked purple because my students know that's my favorite color.  I did plan to really introduce this to the students and get everything ready. Yesterday my students were so crazy that I quickly put this into practice.

Vy the afternoon, I only had one student that didn't drive me crazy. I quickly cut a square from purple paper. I put it in that one student's spot on the behavior chart. I gave a specific example of what she did that made me really want to give her the card. I also went into an explanation about the purpose of the card.  The rest of my students quickly changed their behavior because they wanted a card too. They even created their own nickname for it. They call it perfect purple.

At the end of the day I gave the student with the purple card a quickly made goodie bags. I wanted something a little different to give us a prize. I had leftover Valentine's Day bags from last year. I threw some fun things into the bag. I will make up more bags to have on hand.

We will see if this new system really works.  If not, at least I know that I will finally be able to reward my students that go above and beyond eaxh day!

No comments:

Post a Comment